Prevention is always better than the cure.
Top 5 Tips to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes
- Ignore the public health messages that promote putting starchy carbohydrates at the base of each meal (i.e Bread, pasta, rice, cereals)
- Stop counting calories. Focus more on the types of macro-nutrients you are consuming. Not all calories are equal when it comes to there physiological effects on blood glucose.
- Consume 2-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil daily. Olive oil is high in omega 3’s – which reduces the risk of complication of stroke and heart attack resulting from Type 2 Diabetes.
- Exercise 30 minute daily with moderate intensity exercise
- Sleep at least 7 hours every night. Sleep is vital for the rest and rejuvenation of your body and has major positive implications on your health.
The diabetes statistics in Australia indicate that Type 2 diabetes has grown to epidemic proportions. Prevention is better than a cure. Knowing the lifestyle changes you need to make to reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes is the key to avoiding this life threatening disease.